Cancer Control Video Series | Cancer Sites | Cancer Risk Factors | Improving Cancer Outcomes | Browse Resources
- Breast Cancer Screening – Learn about breast cancer risk factors and screening recommendations from Dr. Lisa Richardson, MD, MPH, the Director of the Center for Disease Control’s Division of Cancer Prevention and Control.
- Cervical Cancer – Dr. Mona Saraiya, MD, MPH Associate Director with the Centers for Disease Control’s Office of International Cancer Control, shares the risk factors and screening recommendations for cervical cancer with us.
- Colorectal Cancer – In this segment, Dr. Rich Wender, MD, Chief Cancer Control Officer with the American Cancer Society, and Dr. Djenaba Joseph, MD, MPH, the Medical Director of the CDC’s Colorectal Cancer Screening Program, explain the risk factors and screening recommendations for colon cancer. You will also learn about the “80 by 18” campaign and the important role public health has to play in increasing colon cancer screening rates.
- Liver Cancer – Behnoosh Momin, MS, MPH, a health scientist with the Centers for Disease Control, describes the risk factors and screening recommendations for liver cancer.
- Lung Cancer – In this segment, Dr. Peter Bach, MD of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center explores the advances and complexities of screening for lung cancer.
- Prostate Cancer – Screening for prostate cancer is a complex topic. Learn from Dr. Otis Brawley, MD, Chief Medical Officer with the American Cancer Society, as he explains the research and current recommendations regarding prostate cancer screening.
- Skin Cancer – Meg Watson, MPH, an epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control, provides a concise summary of the risk factors for skin cancer and describes effective prevention interventions that public health can support.