The CPHP is one of my top go-to resources when I don’t know an answer to a public health related question, and, especially when I don’t even know how to begin find an answer. The staff are all focused on making public health great in our state, are well-connected to individuals doing excellent work, and are always helpful, approachable and kind. Without a doubt, the CPHP houses some of my favorite public health professionals. From the individual technical assistance they provide to facilitating group trainings throughout Colorado, the CPHP is invaluable and one of the greatest assets within the Colorado Public Health community.
This course ran March - April 2016. We will offer another soon. Please check back or email email@example.com .
Upon completion of the learning experience, participants will be able to:
- Describe the elements and stages of cultural competence
- Recognize personal assumptions about human behavior, values, biases and preconceived notions
- Demonstrate awareness of cultural assumptions and how cultural filters can impact individuals’ interactions with others
- Identify steps to become more culturally proficient and to function more effectively in a multicultural environment
- Begin to identify strategies and policies to support your organization’s effort to function effectively in a diverse environment
- Recognize the changing needs of diverse populations and contribute to the creation of a workforce that is strategically capable of responding to those needs.
There are 4 components to this online learning experience:
1. Participate in Live Learning Sessions. In order to gain the most out of our time together, every participant is expected to join weekly sessions via video (don't worry, it's easy, we'll show you how!). We will discuss the readings, video lectures, activities, and their applications. Thoughtful contributions to the discussions are expected.
2. Watch brief recorded lectures and supporting videos.
3. Post responses to an online discussion board.
4. Reflect upon the personal and professional applications of the readings, video lectures, and activities.
Participants are expected to attend all live learning sessions. Check your calendar: These will occur from 12-1 pm MT on the following Thursdays:
- March 3
- March 10
- March 17
- March 24
- March 31
- April 7