I really enjoyed the diverse topics and info. This was very worthwhile and I'm so glad
to be a part of it! The variety of speakers was great too!
This course is designed for supervisors of navigators, program planners and administrators of patient navigator programs. The course provides a basic understanding of the patient navigator (PN) intervention model, reviews challenges facing PN program managers and provides strategies for an effective PN program. We will review identifying evidenced-based clinical guidelines utilizing registries for identifying patients, developing standard work flows, PN training, key supervision needs and evaluation of PN services.
After completing this course you will be able to:
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of patient navigator intervention model(s)
• Explain the role and responsibilities of patient navigators
• Develop strategies to identify qualified and appropriate staff for the PN position
• Describe six essential elements for patient navigator success
• Identify the training needs of your patient navigator staff
• Clarify the difference between process and outcome evaluation
• Determine potential data sources for both process and outcome evaluation of your PN program
• Understand how to use data for employee performance monitoring, quality improvement and program evaluation
Must be a patient navigator supervisor, manager, evaluator or planning to implement a patient navigator program.
Cancellation Policy: Because of the high demand for this course, many people will be on a wait list. Please help us in allowing others to attend the training if you are unable. If you are unable to attend the course, you must cancel your registration at least 7 days (1 week) before the first day of training. If you cancel with less than 7 days (1 full week) notice you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. This fee will be charged when you register for your next patient navigator training. To cancel you must notify firstname.lastname@example.org .
Registration is free for patient navigators, supervisors and managers IN COLORADO. There is a $100 registration fee for out-of-state registrants.