I have already used much of the information from this (online) module…
Kempe Interdisciplinary Summer Research Institute
Date: August 7, 2017-August 11, 2017
Location: Anschutz Medical Campus I University of Colorado
Register by following the highlighted links below.
Course 1: Fundamentals of Clinical and Epidemiological Research - Register Here
Two-part course designed for clinicians from multiple disciplines interested in learning fundamental research principles appropriate to developing new research on child abuse. In addition to didactic sessions this course will include intensive mentorship from senior researchers with expertise in child abuse research.
Course 2: Challenges in Child Maltreatment Research - Register Here
A course designed for trained researchers from multiple disciplines who are interested in applying their disciplinary expertise to examining topics related to child abuse. In addition to didactic sessions, this course will include intensive mentorship from senior researchers with expertise in child abuse research.
Possible Credits Earned:
Each course is eligible for 1 graduate credit for 15 hours contact time with participation in seminars and research project mentoring of the student’s research project.
Participation without the awarding of graduate credit is free, made possible through the support of the Walton Family Foundation.
ColoradoSPH tuition for each course is awarded with the following charges:
- CO Residents:1 graduate credit at $778 + $190 application and matriculation fee.
- Non-CO Residents: 1 graduate credit at $1288 + $190 application and matriculation fee.
Thanks to support from the Walton Family Foundation, limited number of scholarships are available to participants who are in their first year of fellowship training in Child Abuse Pediatrics and 4 graduate students from under-represented minorities. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first served basis and will cover costs of housing, travel, and course materials.
- Many of the course materials will be put on the internet via “Canvas.” Access to a computer will be essential for both courses.
- Course1 will use the text "Designing Clinical Research" Fourth Edition by Hulley, et al. long along with a selection of readings or research.
- Course 2 will use a selection of readings and assignments available via "Canvas."
- August 7th- Evening Picnic for participants and Kempe faculty and staff
- August 10th- Reception for participants and faculty
- Information on activities and tourist attractions in Denver will be available for all participants. Many activities in Denver are now available through the new light rail system.