In this segment, you’ll hear from Anna Giuliano PhD, the founding director of the Center for Infection Research in Cancer at the Moffitt Cancer Center as she describes the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) connection to cancer in women and men. She’ll review the literature on the HPV vaccine and describe the role public health can play in increasing vaccination rates against HPV. For more information on related cancers see Cervical Cancer.
Watch a little at a time by clicking on the videos below or watch the entire video at the bottom of the page.
- Toolkit: The Assessment of Adolescent Health Interventions in GAVI HPV Vaccine Demonstration Programmes
- UNICEF, WHO, and UNFPA - TOOLKIT - The toolkit is composed of: context, adolescent health intervention assessment overview, adolescent health intervention assessment and prioritization exercise and tool, planning for the adolescent health intervention assessment, and the final report and template.
- HPV Vaccines: Vaccinating Your Preteen or Teen
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - HPV Vaccines: Vaccinating Your Preteen or Teen - Overview of Human Papillomavirus (HPV), includes: what HPV is, symptoms, HPV and cancer, HPV cancer screening, HPV vaccines, and HPV vaccine safety.
- HPV and HPV Vaccine Education Intervention: Effects on Parents, Healthcare Staff, and School Staff
- American Association of Cancer Research - HPV and HPV Vaccine Education Intervention: Effects on Parents, Healthcare Staff, and School Staff - Paper discusses how education intervention of parents, healthcare staff, and school staff; greatly increased the knowledge of HPV and HPV vaccination, which influence vaccination behaviors of adolescent females.
The Beginning of the End: Vaccine Prevention of HPV-Driven Cancers – Anna R. Giuliano, Aimee R. Kreimer, Silvia de Sanjose
- List the cancers caused by HPV
- Explain HPV vaccination guidelines
- Identify the public health role in promoting HPV vaccination
Quiz and Certificate of Completion
Click Quiz and Certificate of Completion to take a short quiz and reeceive a certificate for this topic.
Anna Giuliano, PhD, University of South Florida
Anna R. Giuliano, PhD, is the founding director of the Center for Infection Research in Cancer (CIRC) at the Moffitt Cancer Center. Her work has contributed significantly to our understanding of the rate at which HPV infections are acquired and cleared, the proportion that progress to disease, and also to HPV vaccine protection against multiple diseases in women and men.